Database Administrator (DBA)
Enterprise company is looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to help manage its HANA database environment. The position will be responsible for on-going administration of existing environments including defining, planning, implementing and supporting physical HANA databases for the enterprise. Candidate should possess extensive knowledge of all aspects of HANA including monitoring and performance tuning. Knowledge & experience with MS SQL Server is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs physical database administration tasks in HANA Servers.
- Provides rotating 24x7 on-call support for HANA Server environments as necessary.
- Provides expertise related to HA/DR and scalability, installs support packages and conducts upgrades, failover and disaster recovery
- Performs backups/recovery, system refresh and troubleshooting
- Participates in design reviews as required to ensure database design meets application requirements.
- Implements SAP HANA table management techniques: data compression, table partition, etc.
- Designs, maintains, documents and executes database utilities to provide information regarding database activity.
- Proactively performs database monitoring and performance tuning tasks at multiple levels – ABAP code, AMDP procedures, HANA Live views and common SQL statements.
- Identify and provide solutions to performance issues in multiple database environments.
- Provides automation to standard dba tasks. Able to develop Shell scripts on Linux platform as necessary.
- Reviews and enforces adherence to the Architecture, as well as database design and usage standards.
- Understands database high availability technologies and guides in implementing appropriate solutions including HAWK and cluster resource implementations
- Perform data integration between multiple platforms such as Db2, SQL Server and Teradata using Smart Data Access and Smart Data Integration
- Understand encryption at rest and inflight and implementation aspects of both
- Understanding of SAP cloud solution and integrations via SAP Analytics Cloud platform to improve the reporting platform
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree from an accredited university.
- Five or more year’s total experience as physical DBA in HANA including two years with HANA 2.0.
- Three or more years of experience in database/application performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Experience in database problem identification, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Familiar with Linux environment
- Experience in building data architecture models and enforcing enterprise architecture standards and guidelines.
- Experience with data encryption.
- Candidate has excellent communication – ability to explain a technical problem to management.
- Experience in Shell Scripts
- Candidate is a team player. Shares knowledge. Coaches team members.
- Ability to work on high performing teams and deliver under pressure situations.
- DBA experience in supporting MS SQL server environments
- DBA experience in supporting Microsoft SharePoint environments
- Experience in coding and/or debugging stored procedures
- Experience in working on complex application issues in a multi-tiered environment
- Functional experience in multi-tiered application design and implementation
- Functional experience in the development of application systems would be desirable
- Understanding of SAN technology and database dependency
SELECT COUNT(*) as `cnt` FROM `wp_nke3a5r5yh_wpjb_job` AS `t1` INNER JOIN `wp_nke3a5r5yh_wpjb_job_search` AS `t4` ON `t1`.`id`=`t4`.`job_id` WHERE t1.is_active = 1 AND t1.job_created_at <= '2020-02-19' AND t1.job_expires_at >= '2020-02-19' AND t1.id NOT IN('105') AND MATCH(t4.title, t4.description, t4.company, t4.location)AGAINST ('+DBA- +HANA' IN BOOLEAN MODE) ORDER BY t1.is_featured DESC, t1.job_created_at DESC, t1.id DESC