We're currently looking for a Server Engineer for our Corporate IT Department. The right candidate will exhibit strong client-facing skills, leadership skills, will be forward thinking and have the ability to work across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on backing up and protecting Windows servers
- Manage one or more of the following technologies: Commvault, DFS, Active Directory, Hyper V, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager and Microsoft Cluster Server.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the server/storage/network devices/client devices, etc.
- Provides problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Implement Automation of task leveraging PowerShell.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers.
- Provides support for the system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configures and manages Windows systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Working with cross-functional project teams to implement highly available solutions using Microsoft technologies.
Education and/or Experience
- 5-7 years of experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- Demonstrated understanding with scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration: Designing and building Hyper V virtualization environments. Designing and building Terminal server farms. Strong PowerShell scripting experience.
- Candidates with previous experience providing system administration in an IT environment.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
Job Related Experience:
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, DFS, HyperV, Terminal Services, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server.
- Scripting experience (PowerShell)
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.