A Database Administrator will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily monitoring and analysis of databases and database servers to ensure continuance of operations
- Database performance analysis and tuning to ensure optimal system performance. Major areas of support in this area will include sizing, throughput, scalability and dependability
- Ensure security of databases
- Perform regular backups of all databases
- Perform restorations of backups in case of system failure or data loss
- Review all changes to existing production databases to ensure that such changes do not negatively impact database performance or reliability
- Work with software developers to design and implement new database schemas, stored procedures, etc.
- Promote database changes through software development lifecycle process
- Schedule and perform regular server maintenance
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science from four-year college or university; and five years’ experience as a Production SQL Server DBA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Advanced T-SQL experience.
- Proficient with Windows PowerShell or similar scripting language.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Advanced knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Good communication and documentation skills.