Responsible for the definition and delivery of new IT solutions to deliver maximum value to the business through effective use of IT tools providing insights to enhance business performance and profitability.
This includes managing and creating the definition and execution and delivery of one or more large complex and high profile global IT projects within Aerospace utilizing a multi-location team, ensuring the achievement of customer satisfaction and Aerospace business objectives.
- Manage the interface with Aerospace key business leads for Business Intelligence systems and translate the current business processes and requirements into clear IT solution definitions to deliver new business insights for better decision making and cost reduction.
- Drive the adoption of new or enhanced Business Intelligence solutions, working cross-functionally with business to determine and meet the business reporting and analytics needs and manage the development of timely high-quality reporting and analytics tools.
- Develop the appropriate ETL technology underpinning Business Intelligence in Aerospace and work in conjunction with the business to improved data quality and eliminate process waste
- Develop extensive knowledge of emerging Business Intelligence practices when solving business issues, quickly understand the business issues and data challenges and through detailed analysis translates into solution definitions.
- Drive the creation and deployment of new innovative analytics solutions to support achievement of Aerospace Business Intelligence Strategy.
- Ensure that Business Intelligence projects are coordinated across the company and common solutions are adopted so that system duplication is minimized, costs reduced and support levels improved.
- Ensure proactive planning process and good knowledge of phase gated approach to IT projects ensuring execution of project to the plan within defined time and budget parameters.
- Identify industry trends in business intelligence, adopting globally accepted best practice and searching for innovative methods and tools.
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence technologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deep dive into details of business systems
- Ability to develop, articulate and sell a vision
- Excellent Influencing skills at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to manage large complex global projects using variety of project management techniques (Sprint, Scrum, Agile, Waterfall)
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working in a technology engineering environment
- Experience working in a virtual, multi-national, multi-cultural, global environment.
- Degree in scientific or technology discipline
- Project Management certification
- Data Science background
Global Travel, and extensive travel across the United States.