Operating under limited supervision, the Enterprise Architect in this position will be focused on the conceptual and logical aspects of the Enterprise Architecture Framework. The Enterprise Architect will be collaborating with technology leaders, business partners, and development teams to ensure technology solutions are well positioned to solve current and anticipated business problems. The Enterprise Architect leverages a thorough knowledge of existing and planned enterprise capabilities, software development best practices, and general technology expertise to create and influence technical design and architecture of complex, integrated systems comprised of a combination of vendor products and custom developed software.
- Execute the Enterprise Architecture Framework processes following a TOGAF based approach.
- Mapping conceptual design to logical design based on business and technical requirements
- Participate in the prioritization of business features with the customer
- Provide subject matter expertise for planning phases
- Facilitate collaboration and consensus building between architects and technologists to define, deliver, and improve solutions that solve business problems while positioning the technology ecosystem for future success.
- Lead the creation of high level solution designs and architectures that are scalable, secure, and supportable while meeting or exceeding business expectations related to complex business / technical opportunities
- Partner with technology leaders of application development teams and other architects to evaluate and continuously improve development methodologies and tools
- Consult and advise with other architects on architecture best practices, methods, patterns, and tools.
- Ability to develop estimates, identify tasks, and recommend sequencing pertaining to complex technical portfolio / project management activities
- Proficient written / verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex ideas to others with varying levels of expertise throughout the organization and with potential business partners
- Demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering and / or equivalent formal training or work experience is required;
- At least 10 years work experience in Information Technology environment; Preferred experience with large enterprise environments
- Demonstration of the ability to define the TOGAF phases
- Demonstration of the ability to create a conceptual and logical design (to include a Reference Architecture and Implementation Architecture)
- Demonstration of the ability to create a basic Architectural Catalog with high level entities.
- Experienced Architecture practitioner as an Enterprise Architect within an IT Organization of at least 250 people or within a pure Architectural practice of at least 30 people.
- Experience in guiding technical teams for software implementation (Technical Lead)
- Experience in developing distributed applications (open source, Java, Groovy, Web application, Web services, messaging, SQL/NoSQL databases etc.). Preferred experience would also include the development of mainframe based applications (CICS, IMS, Cobol, Natural, DB/2, JCL etc.).
- Strong background with SOA, EDA, OOA/OOD, BPMS, workflow, transaction lifecycles, and component models, and software design patterns.