The SAP Program Manager provides overall leadership and direction for the organization that supports the ongoing maintenance of the SAP ERP systems, oversees the implementation of upgrades and new modules, and drives continuous improvement to business process and business results based on the enterprise capability of the SAP landscape and other transactional systems. Coordinates ERP maintenance and enhancement efforts to leverage enterprise resources, knowledge and best practices.
This position will directly report to the VP Information Technology & CIO and will assist in being the SME (Subject Matter Expert) providing guidance in the nascent SAP environment. This position is responsible for the overall strategic direction and success of the SAP function within the IT group. This role will provide technological and strategic guidance and leadership in the development of both internal and external software projects as well as infrastructure. Must have a thorough understanding of the company’s business operations as well as a broad knowledge of available SAP and related partner technologies.
· Must have a thorough understanding of the company’s business operations as well as a broad knowledge of available SAP and related partner technologies.
· Past project/program management experience doing full implementations from blueprinting until delivery
· Previous experience working in SAP a must. SAP Hana, specifically, is preferred.
· Lead blueprinting/road mapping experience on SAP implementations
· Integrating multiple legacy systems into SAP
· Broad range of SAP Experience in the areas of FTM, PTP, OTC, DTS, MTS, and Data Warehousing
· Fluent in ITIL core processes: Incident, Problem and Change Management.
· Continuous Improvement/Cost Out – Ensures constant improvement of operations processes. Creates and maintains focus on measurement and constant improvement of all core support processes. Identifies and leads initiatives to drive cost out of operation.
· Lead, motivate and manage all SAP functional and technical resources (module experts, ABAP, Basis, Security, etc.).
· Solution Delivery: Identify and deliver new projects and enhancements in line with business needs and strategies leveraging internal team and external onshore and offshore partners.
· Vendor Management: Own and manage contractual agreements and outsourced relationships to assure full value from a delivery and cost perspective. Ensure effective relationships amongst vendor staff with business end users and other service providers.
· Maintain working relationships with all levels of business leadership to ensure SAP applications are enabling business objectives, and are in line with the business vision.
· Ensure the optimal architecture is utilized for all solutions.
· Lead complex, cross-functional analysis and design efforts, as needed.
· Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in SAP Solutions.
· Develop and enforce standards, policies and procedures for support, maintenance, and solution delivery.
· Participate in technology and business projects across the company and industry.
· Ensure SAP solutions are secure and compliant with internal and external audit requirements.
· Develop scalable, cost-effective staffing strategies to provide resources to meet the needs of the enterprise project roadmap, including building and managing vendor relationships.
· Ensures reliability and availability of SAP solutions, overseeing ERP capacity planning and disaster recovery.
· 10+ years of experience within and outside of IT roles with at least 4 years managing high-performance teams.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in an IT management role
· Extensive, cross-functional, SAP ECC solution design and configuration experience. Demonstrated, substantial experience leading blueprinting of cross-functional ECC solutions, including FTM, PTP, OTC, DTS and MTS
· SAP functional knowledge, configuration or technical (ABAP) development experience. Understands the SAP Data Model.
· Strong experience in SAP and infrastructure security
· SAP User and Role Security Review experience
· Experience with pre- and post-implementation assessment of ERP (SAP GRC) security and controls
· Experience in interpreting the applicability of global and industry-specific compliancy laws and regulations
· Managing teams to excellent performance in various SAP SDLC’s (ASAP, Agile, etc.).
· With multiple SAP integration technologies (IDocs, Web Services, PI, etc.).
· Managing onshore/offshore managed services teams.
· Building and managing vendor relationships, including contract negotiation.
· Establishing and managing budgets.
· Experience in measuring project success factors with respect to cost, schedule, and quality.
· Proven experience in application integration
· Experience in design and development of mobile applications a plus
· Managing and experience in full SDLC and IT governance
· Knowledge of SAP business process, user provisioning process, and security maintenance process.
· Business Continuity – Back Up, Recover, Archival, Fail-over
· High proficiencies in other IT areas are highly desired
· Strong SAP BASIS background and Knowledge of SAP Systems build
· Strong knowledge of key business processes, the inherit risks, as well as potential controls
· Experience with SAP Data Steward
· Chemical Industry Experience a plus
· Global Enterprise exposure preferred
· Prior experience with AS/400 a plus
B.S. degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
· Able to work extended hours as business operational needs dictate
· Attend to Network / Infrastructure Monitoring Alerts and coordinate response efforts
· Travel to various company locations in North America and Europe based on Project / Business requirements
· Able to participate in multi-time zone and after-hours support based on business requirements and criticality of IT Projects
· Able to demonstrate analytical/problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems