Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Do you enjoy figuring out how to make something work better and faster? Do you understand what it feels like to dig for a solution that energizes you? Come work with us, and be a part of a team filled with likeminded professionals who have a passion for finding solutions and making things work better.
This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills as well as an affable personality and team outlook to be successful. You will support the implementation and integration of data warehouses, data marts, and cubes. You will also perform data warehouse design and construction; perform extensive testing, as well as ETL and repository creation.
- This position will coordinate with other team members and managers to translate business needs into technical solutions. This position will troubleshoot issues in cubes, ETL packages and databases to identify and solve problems with data accuracy and performance.
- Develop, deploy, maintain, support, and debug SSIS packages.
- Evaluate and monitor databases to resolve performance issues.
- Interpret business processes to develop data entity structures, star schemas, measures, and cubes.
- Develop, test and maintain MS SQL Server databases in the environment.
- Develop application/inter-application test plans; assist in the development of data requirement test scenarios and verify test results.
- Investigate and resolve problems of data accuracy and availability.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Participate in internal testing to identify problems early, perform error and stress scenarios.
- Identify architectural issues and propose alternative solutions.
- Install upgrades and patches to existing databases.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse environment documentation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server database administration; database monitoring and performance tuning, stored procedures, triggers, cursors, and views
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2005, and T-SQL
- Experience developing ETL processes loading Data Warehouses/Data Marts required
- Experience using SSIS packages required
- Experience utilizing Kimball method of Data Warehousing a plus
- Excellent understanding of RDBM (Relationship Database Management)
- Knowledge of best practices and software development process (full SDLC)
- Experience supporting a multi-database environment
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot software/database issues independently
- Ability to work extended hours when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field preferred, or equivalent experience