We are looking for proactive, detailed-oriented engineers with strong technical skills in networking disciplines to join our cross-functional Infrastructure team. Sr. Network Engineer at mission critical carrier grade network, where the service availability depends on the availability of IP network.
- Manage all network systems in the data-center and participate in support of corporate networks.
- Support all network systems in the development/QA environment(s)
- Collaborate with Architects, Developers, DBA, Application, Security, and NOC teams on designing scalable and highly available network infrastructure platforms
- Engage in all aspects of building and maintaining the production infrastructure and services
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for SaaS infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Help drive the capacity planning process
- Help develop and maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production
- Participate in the evaluation of new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions
- Work non-traditional hours when necessary, including a rotating on-call pager duty schedule
- Design highly resilient network with no single point of failure; all failovers fully tested on regular schedule
- Regularly review the health of the network and ensure it is operating optimally.
- Assess IOS upgrades and keep equipment on supported versions.
- Experience: Established track record of high availability for mission-critical web-based services or carrier networks.
- Technical knowledge: Must know high-availability environments for network systems inside out with at least 8 years of experience in mission-critical data-center environments.
- 10 years’ experience with 24x7 data-center systems
- Strong experience with BGP
- Strong experience with OSPF
- 10+ years’ experience with data networking, L2/L3 switching technologies, and routing protocols
- Experience with MPLS, VRF, IPSEC VPNs, etc.
- Cisco CCIE certification is strongly desired.
- Previous experience operating in a NOC or Technical Operations/Site Reliability environment
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS/NX-OS, IOS-XR and related hardware/virtual device families (Cisco Catalyst/Nexus/ISR/ASR platforms)
- Knowledge of IPv4/6 routing and dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Experience with secure firewall and dynamic site-to-site IPsec VPN deployments
- Load balancing and maintenance of high availability network services on local and global scales (F5 BIG-IP LTM/GTM)
- Practical knowledge of BGP traffic engineering and DDoS mitigation techniques
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent years of experience.