Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage one or more of the following technologies: Terminal Servers, DFS, Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), Hyper V, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), and Microsoft Cluster Server.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the server/storage/network devices/client devices, etc.
- Provides problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Implement Automation of task leveraging PowerShell
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers.
- Provides support for the system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configures and manages Windows systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Working with cross-functional project teams to implement highly available solutions using Microsoft technologies.
- 5-7 years of experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- Demonstrated understanding with scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration: Designing and building Hyper V virtualization environments. Designing and building Terminal server farms. Strong PowerShell scripting experience.
Candidates with previous experience providing system administration in an IT environment.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)