As a Network Administrator, you will be responsible for the design, maintenance, and monitoring of all company LAN and WAN Infrastructure. You will be working closely with server and application administrators to ensure reliable and redundant connectivity for all IT services, as well as cross train on various server and application systems supported by the Infrastructure team. In addition to keeping our Infrastructure purring, you will be encouraged to recommend new ways technology can better the company. This could be new software, hardware, services, or processes. If you’re passionate about technology and are looking for an opportunity to build IT systems for a company that saves lives, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, configure and maintain various IT systems
- Design, implement, and maintain data connectivity for corporate LAN and WAN systems
- Optimize current network architecture for all company datacenters to meet current and future business needs.
- Monitor overall corporate LAN and WAN network health including availability, link saturation, traffic statistics, and remote site connectivity
- Monitor, review, and report on network security logs and IDS infrastructure for security policy violations and attacks.
- Maintain an internal IT how-to wiki for team cross-training purposes
- Assist with maintaining a technical self-help knowledge base for internal staff
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose, and remedy common IT problems
- Provide the IT Manager with periodic utilization trends reports for IT systems
- Contribute to continuous system and service improvement through regular reviews
- Maintains technical knowledge by utilizing provided training materials, attending technical workshops, reviewing professional publications
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule
- 5+ years’ experience in a Network Administrator or Engineer role
- Solid knowledge of networking technologies: Switching, Routing, Cabling, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, PRI Telephony, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VLAN, Spanning-Tree, VPN, IPsec, DNS, DHCP, NetFlow, iSCSI, Fiber optics, MPLS, etc.
- Experience configuring and supporting Palo Alto and Juniper equipment
- Experience monitoring and maintaining DNS and WINS infrastructures
- Experience managing multiple datacenters across a WAN
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and the MS Office Suite
- Solid knowledge of server and PC hardware
- Ability to read and write clear and understandable instructions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Candidates must be able to work varying hours and travel when required (less than 5%)
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills within a technical environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to positively interact with all levels of the organization