Software Application Developer
The Application Developer is responsible for creation of code related to object orientated development that uses one or more of the following tools:
- Microsoft .NET environments using C#
- To develop applications that streamlining internal business processes.
- Work with existing legacy applications to convert (if necessary), extend and enhance functionality, as well as developing new applications.
- Perform problem determination in correcting defects, which are found by the end users.
- Complete estimates as to how much work is involved for all the project tasks, and performs analysis to determine how the solution can be achieved with the best design solution.
- After completion of the development tasks, performs testing, then initiate end to end testing and validation with the end user, which is performed in a development environment.
- Follow the pre-defined development standards for naming conventions, user interface, etc.
- Follow the correct process for getting a new project or problem correction promoted from the development environment to the production environment.
- Transfer knowledge and the design documents to the Documentation/Training team, in order to get the user documentation properly updated and/or training preparations and materials completed.
- May work with users to determine requirements and design for systems.
Candidate must have extensive development skills in
- Microsoft .Net C# is critical.
- Additional preferred skills are T-SQL, DHTML, Java Script, UML, OO methodologies and experience with load testing tools as well as setup and management of a full life-cycle development environment
Minimum two (2) years .Net development.
Minimum (1) years T-SQL
Candidate must have at least a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Related extended courses and/or certifications are a plus.
Candidate must have excellent oral, written, and listening skills.
He or she must be willing to work in a “team-oriented” environment.
He or she must also have excellent customer service relationship skills.
Decision & Reasoning Ability:
Candidate must be able to apply technical skills in order to implement high-quality solutions for system enhancements or problem corrections. Candidate must also be able to apply logical methods to solve difficult problems and generate effective solutions through accurate and appropriate analysis.
This position requires approximately 0% travel.
The corporate office dress code is currently business casual. All work is completed via a Computer workstation or Laptop (including use of email); therefore, prolong sitting is possible.