We are currently looking for a HRIS Analyst to join our corporate HRIS team. The right person will have functional support experience with PeopleSoft including system maintenance, production support, project/process improvements, report writing and training. Serves as technical point of contact for assigned functional areas. Support HRIS upgrades, patches, testing, enhancements and other technical projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or patches.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff to support application of upgrade or fix.
- Maintain system tables. Document process and results.
- Provide support for HRIS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems not resolved by Tier I Support, unexpected results or process flaws, perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Recommend process/customer service improvements and innovative solutions to issues.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in the development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity by running queries and analyzing data.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Train clients on new processes/functionality.
- Train new system users.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRIS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or one to three years equivalent work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of HR processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation
- Strong understanding of PeopleSoft database design, structure, functions and processes and experience with database tools
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and screen capture tool such as SnagIt
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects