Perform daily activities in a 24/7/365 Network Operations Center, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor, interpret, and properly react to alerts and alarms from the Network Management System
- Initiate problem resolution processes to correct abnormalities, working closely with NOC, Telecommunications, Vendors, and other personnel as necessary
- Provide leadership and exercise resourcefulness in accomplishing repairs to the network infrastructure
- Interact with field personnel, executive leadership, dispatchers, government agencies, and law enforcement agencies in a professional manner
- Provide technical assistance for other individuals as needed to produce required results. These individuals may be other employees, contracted services providers, or suppliers of products or services.
- Accurately document and report issues and actions taken in the resolution process
- Perform data management duties (database entry)
- Provide NOC statistical reporting as required (database query)
- Research, compile, develop, and summarize material for reports on a frequent or recurring basis
- Assist with installation, configuration and testing of system hardware, software, operating systems and management systems
- Network Operations experience within a NOC environment including experience supporting enterprise telecommunication systems.
- A Bachelor of Science or a Technical degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related technical field is strongly desired but not required
- Comfortable using Microsoft office products such as Access, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Word
- Familiar with Linux OS and commands
- Ability to communicate at appropriate levels within the organization and fit information delivery to the audience
Must be available to work 12 hour rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.