The Senior Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for the installation and connectivity of servers, firewalls, switches, and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all new and existing server and network hardware, appliances, software, and communication services. This role is also responsible for escalations, disaster recovery, storage, multi-site availability and other electronic infrastructure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification in Server categories preferred.
- VMWare Certified Professional 6/6.5 – Data Center Virtualization preferred.
- Cisco CCNP Collaboration certification preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working in an IT infrastructure environment.
- 5+ years of Windows Administration experience.
- 5+ years of Active Directory and Group Policy management experience.
- 4+ years of experience in network and systems administration.
- 3+ years of VMWare vSphere Standard, Enterprise or similar VMWare product experience.
- 3+ years of network firewall, switch and similar support experience.
- 3+ years of experience in desktop support.
- 1+ years of iSCSI SAN configuration and support experience.
- 1+ years of Office 365 management.
- Firm understanding of VMWare virtualization, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policies.
- Experience with network topology design, security, and documentation.
- Ability to handle problem escalations, manage multiple projects and tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in network and systems administration
- PowerShell or other scripting languages for automation and reporting
- Cisco UCS configuration and management
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint
- Experience with SNMP, Syslog, NetFlow
- Experience with SonicWALL, Veeam, McAfee EPO
Design, maintain, monitor, and improve all systems including network hardware, servers, desktops, software, telecommunication and network communication services through use of a helpdesk ticket system. Monitor and configure data integrity solutions such as backups and data archiving. Process user access requests including onboarding, change of status, terminations, etc.
Manage security and software updates to all assigned systems including advanced communication and notification to users, working with the Infrastructure and Security Teams to determine which patches are applicable, and coordinating necessary downtime.
Manage assigned applications and systems. Work on assigned projects as necessary to ensure timeline completion.
Handling Desktop Support issue escalations, and training Desktop Support Technician on policies, procedures, and best practices. Provide recommendations to Infrastructure Manager regarding infrastructure resource utilization and capacity, urgent or high priority issues, security issues, or issues impeding project implementations.
Assist with security related activities such as incident investigations, EPS and other security related alerts, including malware/antivirus vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, system hardening and auditing activities.