The Data Center Network Engineer is responsible for general network administrative duties, including but not limited to: Switch Port Configuration, IP Lease Management, Router Configuration, as well as planning, layout and complete installation of new commercial and retrofit commercial communications equipment and systems in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
- Install, test, and label cable (CAT5-CAT7) and fiber (SM and MM) using standard data center protocols and using cable management and structured cabling systems
- Install and validate servers, network infrastructure, and supporting hardware in a mission-critical data center, while ensuring proper Rack/Cable/Switch/Power/Cooling metrics are maintained
- Reading plans and specifications
- Interface with customers and Data Center Lead to clarify project status
- Ensure subordinates and installers are adequately trained to perform activities and industry standards
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and coordination with Data Center Lead
- Assist with router configuration and setup for extranet partners (including configuration, OS/firmware updates, deployment, retirement, and disposal)
- Hardware diagnosis and replacement of failed components.
- Responsible for the adding and updating of Data Center assets within the Data Center Infrastructure (DCIM) platform.
- Network Switch administrative duties within an ACI environment. (including port configurations, EPG allocation, and port reclamation)
- Remediation and audit of assets within the Data Center Infrastructure (DCIM) platform.
- Unified Communications platform administrative tasks including New User Setup, Phone Build, Number Aging, Password Reset
- Process IP reservation requests, update DNS entries, and process expiration orders
- WLAN platform administrative tasks including New User Setup, Account Revocation, Password Reset
- Windows, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Data Center Infrastructure (DCIM) related tools
- 3+ years of network/server equipment installation experience is required.
- Capable of independently leading data center equipment installation projects
- Data Center terminology and traditional Data Center solutions
- Cable testing (fiber, copper, coax)
- Quality assurance procedures and checking the final product for errors
- High availability best practices and implementation
- Test equipment such as Viavi, Fluke, Exfo, JDSU and Fiber Optic Power meters to perform circuit testing such as DS-1 / 3’s, OC-3 to 192, GIG-E, Fast Ethernet
- Storage systems, mainframes, servers, network switches, network appliances
- IOS, NX-OS, and XR preferred
- Ticketing software (ServiceNow/Remedy)