The Certification Engineer I is responsible for working with the internal program team, installers, suppliers, FAA and designees to research and to plan and execute large and small scale certification programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and execute certification programs.
- Develop familiarity with 14 CFR 21, 23 and 25
- Ability to work as part of the certification team with FAA designees in developing cert basis and certification plans.
- Interface with regulatory agencies (FAA/EASA/Other) for coordination and approvals.
- Liaison with airlines, FAA/EASA and suppliers to ensure timely project completion.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date certification records.
- Develop tools, as necessary, to track deliverables, testing, compliance findings, to assure on-time completion of the project.
- Reduce risks on programs by providing Risk Management reviews and surfacing issues real-time and providing risk assessment impact.
- Manage Vendor testing and adherence to schedule to support final certification.
- Follow internal company processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required preferably in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering.
Technical Skills and Experience Requirements
- Strong Project Management skills related to certification with the ability to establish track and maintain schedules from multiple suppliers or on multiple projects.
- Risk Management skills; ability to review current issues/program status and identify and manage project risks. Apply expertise in certification and testing in problem solving.
- Exceptional organizational skills, self-motivation, a sense of urgency and sensitivity to deadlines, and detail-oriented style are required.
- Ability to work with both domestic and international regulatory compliance offices and form good working relationships.