Host Security Engineer
Exact Job Duties to be Performed:
- Design, develop, implement and maintain host and endpoint security solutions with guidance from Architecture, Compliance, Information Security, and other teams
- Provide support to Security and Operations teams to solve correct technical challenges related to implementation of security solutions
- Assist in analyzing and defining security requirements
- Analyze the results of quality review from other staff and make recommendations to address gaps in the current solutions and/or to improve overall security
- Understand how the implementation of security solutions supports the technology blueprint and information security vision of Global Payments
- Develop and maintain security design and operations documentation
- Provide evidence as requested, to support audit and compliance initiatives
- Assist with evaluation and pilot deployment of new host and endpoint security protection technologies
- Collaborate with internal engineering partners to support the design of security solutions
- Provide secondary support for other security tools and technologies
- Continue self-development of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Develop a personal support network by developing and building relationships throughout the Information Security and Business Technology Services groups
- Develop effective teamwork and leadership skills
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, information security, or information systems with relevant security engineering certifications
- 3+ years of information security experience with minimum 5+ years of design, implementation, management and troubleshooting endpoint and host protection solutions.
- Preferred certifications include: CISSP, CISA, CISM, RHCE
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with working knowledge of Linux.
- Desired: experience working within a cloud-enabled environment, such as Azure, Google, AWS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a globally dispersed, team-oriented, collaborative, matrix-oriented environment.
- Minimum 1 year demonstrated hands on experience coordinating endpoint deployment and managing policies for a minimum of 3,000 endpoints distributed across at three geographical locations.
- 3+ years demonstrated hands on design, implementation and management experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Endpoint protection technologies (i.e. Digital Guardian, Forcepoint/Websense, Symantec DLP, Bit9, Fireeye, etc.)
- Host configuration monitoring and management technologies (i.e. Tripwire, Symantec CCS)
- Host-based Data Loss Prevention technologies (i.e. Log management, event monitoring and reporting
- Database activity monitoring tools (i.e. Guardium, SecureSphere, Imperva, Idera)