Our client, a major federal government IT services contractor, had been awarded a 5 year contract by the U.S. Department of Defense to manage thirteen (13) Data Centers, each strategically placed on US Army and/or US Air Force bases across the continental United States (CONUS).
The client had a 90 day deadline to transition, or replace all of the 200 IT contractors who were currently supporting the data centers under the previous government contractor. The client was projecting a 90% transition rate of the current IT contractors. Instead the transition rate was closer to 85% a direct result in the benefits package that was being offered by the client. The 15% of IT contractors who left during the transiting left a gap of nearly 30 IT professionals who would need to be hired to maintain the current headcount within each data center. Although, the client had an internal recruiting team, it did not have the capacity to hire all of the IT talent needed on a nationwide basis. With so much at stake, the client needed an IT staffing partner who understood the challenges of recruiting in diverse geographic locations and the complex nature of recruiting for the U.S. Department of Defense.
Specifically, the client needed the following:
- Hire up to 30 highly skilled Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, SharePoint Admins, NOC Technicians, and Layer 1 Technicians within a 90 day period.
- Identify niche IT Infrastructure professionals across North America including remote or isolated geographic locations.
- Source, recruit, and screen IT Infrastructure professionals who have current Top Secret security clearance or who would be eligible to receive a Top Secret security clearance.
Spero Solutions was chosen as the exclusive IT staffing provider, tasked with sourcing, screening, and recruiting IT professionals across the continental United States.
Spero Solutions’ team was led by a Sr. Account Executive and supported by a dedicated team of experienced IT recruiters focused on providing IT staffing nationwide.
Meeting each of the client’s objectives, Spero Solutions:
- Put in place a comprehensive IT recruitment plan that included developing a Talent Map to identify where candidates would be sourced and recruited from.
- Designed and implemented a best practice candidate screening methodology, including competency profiling of the top Network Engineers for each market.
- Partnered with the client’s internal Talent Acquisition team to provide a seamless recruitment process to the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Hired 30 highly skilled network engineers and other data center IT professionals to run the client’s network operations centers.
In partnering with Spero Solutions exclusively for Data Center IT professionals the Client was able to meet the demands of the U.S. Department of Defense, and achieve all of their deadlines and deliverables for the transition and hiring of each Data Center.
As a result of Spero Solutions ability to consistently provide niche IT Infrastructure talent on a nationwide basis, the Client strengthened their relationship with the U.S. Department of Defense, and achieved all of their deliverables with the federal government.